We are a fast-growing (50+ strong) startup based out of Budapest and London with new office locations opening up in the US and APAC. SEON raised it’s Series A in March 2021 and was featured in TechCrunch. Our lead investor, CREANDUM is behind Euro success stories like Spotify, Klarna, Bolt and many more leader tech brands. We've developed a cutting edge system that protects online businesses from fraud. Our platform filters and differentiates between good and bad users, therefore mitigating risk and minimizing losses. The SEON system enables businesses to make better decisions based on the digital footprint analysis of an online consumer.
We’re looking for a Vice President (VP) of Engineering with experience managing agile development teams to lead our engineering department and help us build great products. Our VP of Engineering will be responsible for ensuring that products meet design requirements, and deliver a consistent experience for users. To be successful in this role, you should be confident managing our teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution.
You’ll be managing an entire team of engineers and developers, collaborating with the product managers, as well as guiding the company’s product vision and maintaining compliance with quality standards. You’ll also manage our infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate securely and effectively.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
- Design, implement, and monitor all operations and key performance metrics/operational efficiency for the engineering team
- Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Know how to recruit and develop top engineering talent
- Recommends new technology and ideas to improve sprints and efficiency
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
- 2 years of experience in engineering leadership with 6 years experience leading an engineering team
- Extensive engineering expertise in the areas of cloud, UI development, tooling, prints, specifications, product maintenance, budgeting, and software products
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Proven success working closely with Product Management, contributing to the product strategy and helping to successfully deliver on the product roadmap
- Experience managing a distributed team
- Excellent project management skills
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
What we offer in return:
- Dynamic and enthusiastic working environment
- In-depth knowledge and insights about the online payments and anti-fraud industry
- Supportive young team
- Competitive salary and bonus based on performance
- Private health insurance
- Comfortable office in the center of Budapest
- Remote working options
- 3 extra paid vacation days