Creating a Fraud Free World @SEON: The Story
Tamas Kadar, CEO and Co Founder and Bence Jendruszak, COO and Co Founder, launched their first venture, a crypto currency exchange during their final year of university. Weeks in, they were attacked by online fraudsters. 😮 They were forced to hack together a set of tools to instantly inform them if a transaction was genuine or not. They then pivoted to building a platform that can detect fraudulent activity instead and that is how SEON was born. 🤩
They knew they could not do it alone so they teamed up with Miklos Kiss CPO and Balint Dali, CTO to enhance the revolutionary platform. Since then, the journey has been unstoppable. 18 months in and we have grown from 18 to 155+ SEON Fraud Fighters, across Budapest, London, Austin and Jakarta. With more hubs opening up in San Francisco, Singapore, we are on a mission to create a Fraud Free World. We raised Series A in March 2021 and were featured in TechCrunch. We are proud to continue to grow at pace both in terms of helping the best online businesses and democratising fraud fighting.🔥🔥🔥
Why we need another Fraud Fighter in the role of Security Lead
We're in for a crazy ride, and that's why we need bold and talented individuals who will own these key areas. Who will make an impact - because, ultimately, these translate not only to a business bottom line, but in making the internet a safer space for everyone - whether business or consumer.
Your Impact - have you got what it takes to be part of the fraud fighting team:
- Take overall ownership of our security architecture in AWS,
- Build and lead the Security Team,
- Mentoring & teaching the SEON Team: raise security awareness throughout the organization, evolve our DevOps mindset into DevSecOps,
- Work with the Product Development and DevOps teams to devise and implement a strategic approach to information security,
- Incident response management: Detect and respond to company-wide security incidents,
- Scope and lead large technical projects with enormous impact across many teams,
- Implement security controls based on the SOC 2 on Security requirements (we’re working on our first report!),
- Conduct security risk assessments: balance between business goals and security risks,
- Design and lead the implementation of SEON security projects: including application, infrastructure, endpoint, and physical security level,
- Assist the development teams to build secure solutions for our customers: conduct architectural design reviews, vendor security assessments, and work out secure coding guidelines,
- Perform penetration testing to strengthen our internal and external applications and services.
Technologies you need to know:
- AWS Knowledge (AWS Certified Security Specialty exam is an advantage),
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code technologies such as Terraform,
- Strong experience in vulnerability testing (automated scanning & manual penetration testing),
- Experience with information security certifications and frameworks such as ISO 27001, SOC 2 on Security, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, or CIS,
- Passion for security and fraud prevention,
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Nice to have:
- Secure coding experience,
- Experience with CI/CD tools,
- Experience with static code analysis (automated and manual).
How we roll:
We are open and would like to share the number of rounds and what to expect:
- A first interview with our Talent Partner
- This will be followed with a test
- Technical interview with our product development leadership and compliance team
- On-site day: Let’s meet face-to-face!
- And finally we will ask you to meet the Co-founders
People of SEON
You will often hear us talk about People of SEON, pride ourselves on being inclusive and recognize that great teams are built of empowered individuals. We hope that by doing this we can be fearlessly open, positive and learn from one another. We know we're on the right path, but we need the right ideas. Our superpower is listening to each perspective in order to execute our vision.
What we offer
- A place in our office where you are able to feel the SEON buzz
- Hybrid working
- We where our schedules allow come together at lunch time to create that social feeling
- Language Learning
- Coding Labs